Re: radiator cap

To: ben.heller@gses.com (Ben Heller)
Subject: Re: radiator cap
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:53:08 -0700 (PDT)
Ben---I think the "book" calls for a 13 lb. cap, but I've been using the
7 lb-er on my '73 for about 15 years now. I don't have problems
controlling coolant temperature, so the lower rated cap works fine. My
reason for going to the one with lower pressure was because of what I
thought was premature failures with the heater flow control valve
(diaphragm.) After replacing three of them in three years, I changed
caps and have been using the same control valve ever since. This might
be just a coincidence, but....

Dick Taylor
CF11143
L.A.,Ca.