Re: Tires

To: Mgmihalik@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
There's no reason not to go to a high performance tire compound, as
long as your aspect ratio doesn't go too low.  I run 205/65 tires on my
car (as do many others), and they are a high performance all season
radial (Bridgestone Potenza RE930).  You wouldn't want to go much lower
in profile than a 65, because if you go much lower your speedo will go
way out of whack.  A 205/65 will alter the speedo by a mile an hour or
two, but nothing big.  Maximum width for the fenders is about 215.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://im.yahoo.com/