gauges

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: gauges
From: Frank Meert <F.Meert@ogdsoftware.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:23:56 +0200
My fuel gauge as well as my temp gauge are giving no reading at all.
I've tried to see what would happen when disengaging the voltage
stabilizer, but this didn't have any effect whatsoever.
My question is: when directly connecting a gauge to the battery and then

earthing it, should there be a reading or not. I want some sort of tric
to found out if the units are broken or that I have to search somewhere
else for a possible solution for this annoiance.

Another question: what should the ammeter tell you? In my car the needle

is always vertical telling its not plus and not minus something. I
havent the faintest clue what to do whit it.....

Here is another one: my oil pressure gauge tells me even when the engine

is  not running at all, that the pressure is 50?? How come? When
starting the car it is approx 100. What can you tell about that. Should
I buy a new one?

thanks in advance.

Frank Meert
TR6 '70