Re: Floor Panel Replacement

To: Jltr6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Floor Panel Replacement
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 06:58:23 -0700
Hi Jim,

Dale has already giving you great advice.  I would like to add that when I
replaced both floorboards in my TR6, I removed the old ones by drilling out
the old spot welds.  It was a little tedious but made installing the new
panels quite easy.  Once the old boards were out, I slipped the news one
into place and clamped them down to the body.  I used the drill holes in
the body shell to determine where to weld in the new floorboards and since
the new floor boards fit beneath / behind the body shell,  I could fill
weld the holes to secure the new panels to the shell.  Once in place, I
used some roofing patching material to fill in the seams to make the water
tight.

Takes lots of pictures!  You gotta have proof that you did all this work
when taking about restoring your car!  Otherwise you'd have to rip out your
interior each time you wanted to show someone all that hard work that went
into your beloved LBC!

Best of luck,

Dave Stauffacher,
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI ... with new floorboards, spare tire well and battery box!