Re: No power on acceleration

To: <SEBroerman@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No power on acceleration
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:18:14 -0500
You may want to check the gaskets between the air filter(s) and the
carb faces. If all the carb air holes do not have corresponding
openings on the gaskets, you may have a problem there.

Have you tried the "plink" test on your carb(s)? While the filter is
off, raise the piston (use a popsicle stick or other non-damaging
tool) and let it fall. The descent should be measured and steady, not
fast or slow (gee, don't ya just love it??? ...what is fast?   what is
slow???)

Do you have rubber diaphragms on these carbs? If so, you may want to
check the installation...little rubber tabs in their slot, etc. and
their condition, no tears, holes, etc.

Have you replaced your fuel line filter?

Have you checked the condition of the floats? the needle valves? The
carbs would probably flood if the floats had a pinhole, but it's worth
a check. I have replaced the needle valves in all but one of my BCs
with great success.

HTH

Valerie Stabenow, mga, tr4a, xk-e, tr6