Plug in TR6 Block

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Plug in TR6 Block
From: Michael Graham <mgraham@achilles.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:53:25 -0400
Just got my block back from hot tanking and must have missed one plug in
the block. Car is 73 TR6 and plug in question is directly above the oil
filter. It appears to have been aluminum rather than iron and therefore
"melted". My question is was this a plug or something else I missed
removing (like a switch)? There are 2 plugs on the side in this area shown
in Bentleys and TRF parts catalogue, but it not clear to me which is which.

Any suggestions as to what this is and what part it is would be much
appreciated ... as usual.

Cheers, Mike Graham
73 TR6
CF727U