TRF Rally springs

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Rally springs
From: Peter Macholdt <pmachold@pluto.njcc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:27:21 -0400
I too installed a set of these rally springs on my 250.  I had them on
for a year and couldn't stand it any longer.  I purchased a set of stock
springs from TRF, installed them this winter and finally have a decent
ride height/ camber.

For what it is worth, I spoke with a guy at the TRF summer party last
year who claimed to manufacture this spring for them.  His name is Ted
Schumacher from TSI Automotive.  Ted told me that to cure the extreme
camber problem caused by installing his spring I should do the bracket
swap.  Since this would not have cured the height problem, I didn't
bother.

I also complained to TRF about these springs.  Since they have a source
of quality stock and uprated springs, I don't know why they choose to
sell these problem parts.  But, if they want to continue to sell them,
they should be clear in the catalog about the camber change the springs
cause.

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

Peter Macholdt