[Fwd: [Fwd: Replacing Steering Lock & Ignition Switch]]

To: 6packlist <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Replacing Steering Lock & Ignition Switch]]
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:39:54 -0400
--------------A1A8C46E3872F247C673F494

Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 12:11:21 -0400
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
To: 6 Pack List <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Replacing Steering Lock & Ignition Switch]
 boundary="------------3E02FDC6F4992457AE4B3364"

--------------3E02FDC6F4992457AE4B3364

Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 19:43:02 -0400
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
To: Wade Shanley <wadesh@hotmail.com>,
        6 Pack List <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing Steering Lock & Ignition Switch

I believe that I am correct to the matter that the ignition assembly/steering
lock is bolted on to the column by screws that will only work one way. This is
to say that in order to dismantle you must tap out the old and replace with new.
On page 357 of the Bentley Bible it describes the exact sequence of how and what
is  to be done. I would suggest that you read the instructions over and over
before starting, imagining every sequence and replay it over and over in your
mind while you stare at the area where the bolts are located. It would be the
perfect time to replace the bushings in the steering column. These will
eventually ware away and your horn will be short circuited. Well that's my 2
cents on that subject. Any body need a completely rebuilt engine. Price $2000.
Includes head, carbs and fly wheel. E-mail me