Tube shock conversion-rubber compression

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Tube shock conversion-rubber compression
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:04:04 PDT
Hello Listers:

I know that tube shock conversion has been discussed but I have a specific
question I hope someone can help me with.

I'm installing the rear conversion kit from BP Northwest on my '69 TR6.
It's the one piece bracket with a KYB gas shock.  How much should each
rubber mount be compressed (so that each shock bolt, at top and bottom, will
be at the correct tightness?  There are some torque settings in the Bentley
manual as they apply to oil dampers, but not sure it these would apply to
the new equipment.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle