Re: brake fluid

To: Frank Meert <F.Meert@ogdsoftware.nl>
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:01:38 -0400
The reason you have silicone is because of the rubber used in the seals,
caps etc. I suggest  you use nothing  less than Dot 4 or you'll pay for
it down the line.
#1 The rubber on the pistons of the master and the slave cylinders will
disintegrate and the seals on the calipers will be destroyed. The rubber
used is different from that used in the US and some older Japanese Cars.
Do yourself a big favor and just run fresh Castrol LMA brake fluid
through all your lines , including the clutch. You might spend 24 bucks
but you can save yourself the cost and time of rebuilding those
components. Also maybe your life, because brake failure on those
beautiful back roads is hazardous to your health!!!!! Sorry to sound
alarming but someone told me, after I saw the wreck, when a friend did it
"The Cheaper Way".