RE: Brake job

To: 6 pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake job
From: Dale Morgan <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:09:44 -0800 (PST)
  Tim

  If you have it that far disassembled now would be a
good time to check, and if the u-joints have been
replaced, to grease the ones in the outer housings.
Six little bolts and wire around the boot will get you
the hub and shaft.  Be careful you don't strip the
studs for they are in an aluminum housing.
  Just a thought.

  If you paint the backing plate and/or the brake drum
use a hi-temp paint.  It does get hot there on
occasions.

  If you plan to use the car as a daily driver I would
not use silicone brake fluid.  One reason being that
it gives a less than firm feel to the brake pedal.  I
like to have a solid feel to the pedal.
  If you bleed your lines once a year DOT 4 is the
best  with low moisture retention.  Silicone will
retain no moisture, this is great if the car sits and
gets very little use.

  What ever you decide make an educated choice for the
way you plan the car to be driven.

=====
tpdwinch@yahoo.com
Dale Morgan