Lucas sport coil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas sport coil
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:10:50 EST
I just visited the archives and read all the comments about the Lucas sport
coil.  I am confused as to the following;  1.)  Is the unit really
advantageous and worth its cost in more reliability, easier tuning/timing, or
performance, or is it simply another "bell and whistle" that one really does
not want or need?  2.) If I do buy the unit, as my 74 1/2 had a ballasted
resistor system, where in the world is it and how to I remove it to install
the sport coil, which I understand does not take or use a ballasted resistor.
 You guys make me realize how ignorant I am, notwithstanding seven years of
college and a law degree.  Thanks.
                                                                     Bob
Pierson (Redtriumphtr6@aol.com)