2000-register

Re: Anyone there?

Subject: Re: Anyone there?
From: "Dave W" <dw_triumph@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:11:09 +1300
Hi everyone,
I've got mail from the list!!!!!!!, what's happening!!!! back in August the
problems started for me with the messages not coming back, I did get the one
from Terry about the seats though, I think that was about the last one I got
before it went quite. Does anyone know how many people are connected to this
list??, there only seems to be about 9 that send anything. Maybe that's why
it's quite!
As Graham Nelson mentioned it would be great to see not just questions but
commentary about what people have done/doing on there cars, where they're
going at their next club run, that type of thing?

Anyway, my Mk1 PI is going for it's Warrant of Fitness re-test tomorrow at
3:30pm, it failed it's first test (in 7 years!) saturday before last because
of a few things that too weren't major (wipers that didn't clear, etc..!). I
got the new exhaust system on tonight (my own design!!, and yes it does
work!), It still has the original manifold, which I'll replace with a 6-3-1
soon, the 2 1/2 steel (steel makes a better noise than SS apparently!) pipe
runs straight down the right (drivers) side, it makes a 30degree (approx..)
angle to the right to avoid the training arm when jacked up, then another
15degrees (approx..) up, so it stays with the boot floor angle, and the best
bit??, the single straight-through silencer!! and all that adds up to a
sound that will blow the boy-racers out of their wizzy hondas!!!! nice...
So I hope everyone will be thinking of the old thing (the car!!) at 3:30,
I'll let you know how it gets on.

Dave
the NZ one!

///