2000-register

RE: mk1 rear disc brakes

To: Dave <davel@mcmail.com>
Subject: RE: mk1 rear disc brakes
From: Andrew Thompson <ajt@expmining.com.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:12:06 +0800
Dave,

I was thinking about rear discs but outboard rather than inboard. I still
haven't worked out how though!!!!!
The handbrake is the main problem. Apparently Fiat 124 rear caliper use a
cable handbrake but would need to be located at the bottom of the wheel. A
bracket to support the caliper would replace the back plate and use the same
studs. Not sure about discs but many Nissans 180sx etc use rear discs and
same PCD.

A 2000 injection is easy to make. Simply convert to injection as you would a
Mk2 2.5 and then ring up someone who is not scared of the metering unit. The
fuelling is different but not radically so. Make sure you  have at least an
early PI cam or one a bit wilder to get full benefit of the extra revs that
will be availible.

I made a 2000PI a few years ago and it was fun to drive but a bit juicy on
the fuel. I normally managed about 23-24 mpg but drove it fairly hard.
Eventually after two more owners the body fell off!!

All the best

Andy T